Monday, September 2, 2019

My First React App - a TODO list

Full Stack Software Development Blog

I previously blogged about coding the reactjs.org's tutorial.

Since then I watched Wes Bos' React For Beginners course.

The next step was to write my own react app from scratch - a todo list which can be found at https://github.com/gpratte/react-todo-list.

The stumbling blocks were
  • handing events
  • state and properties
I went back and reviewed these topics more than once in both the reactjs.org tutorial and the Wes Bos course.

I also read some articles found from internet searching (e.g. How to Display a List in React).

As is my modus operandi, when developing new code, I built up the tutorial on branches.

Here are the branches:
  • step-01-create-development-environment
  • step-02-ui-markup
  • step-03-render-html
  • step-04-add-todo
  • step-05-remove-todo
  • step-06-update-text
  • step-07-concatinate-text
  • step-08-mark-done
  • step-09-hide-done

1 comment:

  1. It is really a great post to help someone. The information is useful.
    www.orrish.com

    ReplyDelete